Plastic-Japan-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic-Japan-Forum

anything and EVERYTHING Gundam! - a free forum from Plastic-Japan.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips for a kitbash?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Nova

Red Nova

Tips for a kitbash?  Empty
PostSubject: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 pm

I have parts from a no grade 1/100 Destiny Gundam, and I wanna turn it into a Destiny Impulse...problem is: from the pictures I'm seeing, the Impulse uses a peg-shape connector, while the Destiny's backpack is a box shape.

So my question is: What's the best way of making the back pack fit onto the Destiny Impulse?

I tried Super Glue, but the brand I bought wasn't working for me, what brand would you guys recommend?

I'm new to this whole customizing and kitbash thing, so I really don't know where to begin.
Back to top Go down
http://rednovablog.blogspot.com/
boon

boon

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 pm

So you're trying to get a round peg in a square hole? or the other way?
If it's a round peg then you should be able to fill the square peg with putty and drill a hole the same size and your peg and you're done.
If it's the other way then I'd go and try to find some tube or rod the same size as the hole ( try hobby shops or hardware stores ), then cut off the existing square peg, drill into the piece a little bit to anchor the new peg and glue it in place with some plastic cement.

Failing that, run down to your hobby store or a hardware store ( or online if you're the patient type ) and get some rare earth magnets. embed one on each piece, being VERY careful to make sure you've got them facing the right way and super glue them in. leave them for an hour or so to make sure the glue has set and you're done, pop the backpack on and off to your hearts content. tongue
Back to top Go down
Red Nova

Red Nova

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:44 pm

One other question:

I might use the Sword Impulse for my custom, if I wanted to get sword impiulse's swords to mount into Destiny's hoders, what's the best way to go abouts with that?
Back to top Go down
boon

boon

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:10 am

My first instinct is to say magnetize, but I'd have a better recommendation if you had a picture of the parts you want to fit to each other.
Back to top Go down
Red Nova

Red Nova

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:46 pm

boon wrote:
My first instinct is to say magnetize, but I'd have a better recommendation if you had a picture of the parts you want to fit to each other.

The swords off of the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam, and I want them to fit inside the Destiny pack's holders
Back to top Go down
boon

boon

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm

ok, so no pic then...
well, if this is what you're dealing with :
Tips for a kitbash?  Ban934111
I can only assume the swords are too small to fit. I'd suggest getting some thin plasticard and bulking out the sword hilts until they fit.
failing that, magnets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for a kitbash?    Tips for a kitbash?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for a kitbash?
Page 1 of 1