Plastic-Japan-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic-Japan-Forum

anything and EVERYTHING Gundam! - a free forum from Plastic-Japan.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aries' entries

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aries

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I only had vids for my entries up, but here's some pictures as well (mind that even though the camera used was good I'm bad at photography, eheh)

First off:

HGUC YMS-15 'Gyan'
Aries' entries IMG_0793
At 800 Yen, one of the cheaper HGUCs, though IMO it feels a lot like an older HG (like the 8th MS line).

It is painted to somewhat resemble a Templar, because I've always thought the templar cross looks a lot like St. George's cross:
Aries' entries Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEIxEHZiVaxI-CbHQE3FxVfrU6VMl_1RPAdKeFPN3sEpmt17I&t=1&usg=__M0_t-ro61BH20weJ53j4ddIuKvw=
Which is the English part of the Union Jack, hence resulting in the English Gyan.
I hadn't really planned on using the Gyan though, but after a frustrating week with a NG Dreissen it's knightlike appearance (and pricetag, hehe) made it an ideal choice.

Here's some pics:
(*note: only one picture was taken with the flash on, but I switched it off when the non flash pictures seemed to look better on the LCD screen of the cam Sad )
Aries' entries IMG_0785
Aries' entries IMG_0786
Aries' entries IMG_0788
Aries' entries IMG_0791

And while I'm at it,
I also did a HGUC Gouf for this competition in a Dutch theme.
It also cost 800 Yen:
Aries' entries HGUC%20Gouf
I've got european boxart so no price in Yen is to be found on it.

As for the dutch scheme, it pretty much boils down to excessive use of orange. And a lion. Both of which are absolutely nationalistic symbols here, even though they're not apparantly dutch in any way.
So here's the story behind the two:
Orange comes from the name of our royal family (Van Oranje(=orange in dutch))
The lion comes from the notion that apparantly the Netherlands resemble a lion (when seen on a map)...ehhh

Aries' entries IMG_0794
Aries' entries IMG_0795
Aries' entries IMG_0797

And that's all
Back to top Go down
Aries

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:22 pm

I've noticed these are downscaled pics, so here's my folder
http://picasaweb.google.com/1Aries1977/RobotsOfAllNations?feat=directlink
Also features two crosseye 3D attempts with the cam ;}
Back to top Go down
boon

boon

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Nice work on the Gyan, very knights Templar.
Back to top Go down
jbelux

jbelux

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:48 am

nice work .... Templar knight
Back to top Go down
2old4toys

2old4toys

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 am

Did you do seam line removal for the knight?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/2old4toys
Aries

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 pm

@2old4toys I only did seam line removal for the lower legs as they were really noticable. I didn't do more because the Gyan was really a last minute decision.
Though I don't really do seam line removal all that much. In general I don't glue snap fit kits before I paint, mainly because I use the kits part breakdown heavily in my way of painting. As such only parts that will never need separating again will be glued, and even then only the really noticable parts. I guess I'm really lazy at glueing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aries' entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aries' entries   Aries' entries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aries' entries
Page 1 of 1