Plastic-Japan-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic-Japan-Forum

anything and EVERYTHING Gundam! - a free forum from Plastic-Japan.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2old4toys Contest entry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikku456

2old4toys Contest entry Empty
PostSubject: 2old4toys Contest entry   2old4toys Contest entry I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:14 pm

This is rikku558, but due to random failures to make a proper account, i finaly made one with a slightly different name.

Anywho the country I used was germany:

2old4toys Contest entry German-flag

And i painted my HG 1/144 0 raiser in the flags colour scheme
For colors, I used Krylon Cherry red, Sunbeam yellow, Black, white primer and flat top coat
I think i did a good job with the color organization and i had alot of fun painting it. It was also a good excuse to paint it anyway since i had it disassembled waiting to be painted.

as for the painting progress, there was no masking involved due to the 0-raiser having very good color separation. I first primed the whole kit, then i painted all the parts with the right paints, then I applied a layer of flat coat to that and i was finished.
top:
2old4toys Contest entry P1050312

front:
2old4toys Contest entry P1050311

Bottom:
2old4toys Contest entry P1050309

Rear:
2old4toys Contest entry P1050308

and i decided to combine my custom 00 gundam with my custom 0-raiser to see how it looked:
(not part of the entry)

2old4toys Contest entry P1050313

2old4toys Contest entry P1050314

2old4toys Contest entry P1050315
Back to top Go down
striker0

PostSubject: Re: 2old4toys Contest entry   2old4toys Contest entry I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:07 pm

Just for the heck of it, you should paint that 00 Gundam in the same scheme as the 0 Raiser. That would look pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Rikku456

PostSubject: Re: 2old4toys Contest entry   2old4toys Contest entry I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:26 pm

that sounds like a good idea, but it probably wont be for the contest since it would go over the price limit. Smile
Back to top Go down
boon

boon

PostSubject: Re: 2old4toys Contest entry   2old4toys Contest entry I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Looks good mate, but you should have done Sweden and it would have matched your '00'.
I can't recall any great instances of Germany and Sweden teaming up to take on the world, Italy or Japan maybe...

Thematic hair splitting aside, nice work. very clean, very defined panels and you've got a rather enviably smooth finish consistently over the whole model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2old4toys Contest entry   2old4toys Contest entry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2old4toys Contest entry
Page 1 of 1