anything and EVERYTHING Gundam! - a free forum from Plastic-Japan.com

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Royal Guard Dynames

Go down 
AuthorMessage
striker0

PostSubject: My Royal Guard Dynames   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Howdy folks. Well, I'm here to show off my model, as well as explain what I did, used, and give a little history I came up with this model.

The model I used was a 1/144 FG Dynames from the first season of Gundam 00.

The price of this model is 600 Yen according to Hobby Search.

The nation that inspired this paint job was Poland, so I used the Polish Flag.

In case some of you are wondering what that emblem is on the top half of the flag, that's the Polish Eagle, in which you will see for diplomatic business, as well as for their military forces. If you cannot see it clearly enough, here it is enlarged:

Next I'll list the colors that I used on this model.
For the acrylic:
Light Gray Primer
Gloss White
Guards Red
Gloss Black
Gunship Gray

As for enamel:
Green (no fancy name)
Chrome Silver

Here's the video, the old one will be below it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ79XiPNSQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ79XiPNSQ8 <----That's the original video before the update.

And now for the pictures! (click to enlarge)

I started off with priming nearly the whole model, minus the face mask and the sniper rifle, which took a day and a half. While that dried, I started mapping out where the colors would go, and came up with the final decision. I laid down the first coat of white, knowing I would have to apply additional coats. And after that dried, I laid down the red, seeing as it only needed a single coat. And of course, after that dried, I laid down the second coat of white, which a while later I realized I would need to lay down a third coat because of the brush marks. Then I started with the minor details, like painting the knee and elbow joints in the black. I had to leave the head disassembled so that I could apply the green without problems. Applying the chrome silver was the last thing I did to finish off the mobile suit itself. For the mobile suit itself, it took a little over 3 days, whereas the sniper rifle took a single day, having to apply paint to one half of the gun so that the other half could be used as a anchor to keep the paint from getting all smudged up by fingers.

After the first video, I started to look at the model, and listened to some suggestions, like adding a third coat of white because of the obvious brush marks. This was fixed by using a entirely different brush. Instead of using a synthetic hair, I used nylon, which seemed to help fix the problem. The original green, green zinc chromite, was replaced with a regular enamel green, which looked much better for the sniper rifle, as well as the eyes and cameras. Finally, after a bit of hunting, I found a suitable match for the symbol on the Polish flag, having to scale it down so that it would fit on the shield of the model. Nothing fancy was used there, just my printer, cutting the symbol out, and gluing it on the shield, so that the shield was a match for the flag.

Overall, this was one heck of a learning experience, and I had fun with it. I'm not looking to win, because that's not what this contest is about. I'm just glad I was able to share such a awesome project with others that share my same passion.

Last edited by striker0 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
striker0

PostSubject: Re: My Royal Guard Dynames   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:50 pm

And just to add to the mood, the Polish National Anthem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nmFHUbVQtA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
striker0

PostSubject: Re: My Royal Guard Dynames   Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:30 pm

New video is now up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Royal Guard Dynames   

Back to top Go down

My Royal Guard Dynames